The hotel was constructed several years after Dr. Wm. A Bell brought the Denver & Rio Grande Railroad from Canon City in 1881. The hotel is known as the Hard Time Hotel, Wolff Hotel, and National Hotel and was built in 1887. This was Westcliffe's first hotel and is the only remaining stone-front building in Westcliffe. WM. Wolff- the original owner, was a Westcliffe pioneer and one of the petitioners for the incorporation of the town in 1887. It originally housed a saloon and was an overnight stop for area visitors as well as a rooming house for miners and ranch workers in Custer County.
Throughout the years, the building has served as a hotel boarding house, apartment, restaurant, saloon, billiard and gambling hall, garage, market, and ice cream parlor.
Today the Wolff Hotel is on the National Register of Historic Places and opened to the public as Rejuvenated Living Health Spa.